This course provides a good starting point from which to learn ethical hacking and identify threats and vulnerabilities to secure your IT environment. You'll begin with an introduction to the best tools around before diving into basic hacking technique, and ultimately going into real-life scenarios to get a hang of how hackers think.
- Access 14 lectures & 2 hours of content 24/7
- Discuss a basic introduction to reconnaissance
- Get hands-on experience working w/ Metasploit & testing the effectiveness of different defenses
- Learn about sniffing & how effective Man-in-the-Middle attacks can be
- Go through a coffee shop scenario to further your understanding
- Understand how hackers use networks to gain access to different systems
Gary Dewey is an IT consultant specializing in security. A graduate of SUNY Broome's computer security and forensics degree program in New York, he has attended numerous B-Sides conferences and spoken at B-Sides in Rochester, New York. Gary participated in the 2015 US Cyber Challenge held at Virginia Tech. He is an active member of the Triple Cities Makerspace, a non-profit organization dedicated to community collaboration and learning. He enjoys hiking and cats.